What you’ll need:
-Raw Veggies cut up
-Hummus (recipe follows)
- 1 ½ cups sprouted to ready or cooked (from raw)garbanzo beans/ chick peas*
- Juice of two lemons* (see note)
- 1 tbls. Tahini
- Tad of olive oil
- Water- enough to get the hummus to creamy consistency
- Half a bell pepper, cut into chunks (optional)
- Salt/Pepper/Cumin/Cayenne to taste
*If you are using a can of chick peas they generally require alot less liquid (lemon juice & water) to get to a creamy consistency. So start with juice of one lemon and see how much more you need to add.
-Add all ingredients to your food processor (except the bell pepper) and pulse, pausing to scrape the sides along the way. Mix until smooth and creamy consistency (or the consistency you like).
-Add the bell pepper & continue to puree until well chopped and incorporated
Put together your sandwich:
- Brush the bread/pita/wrap with lots of hummus
-Pile on your veggies- I generally use carrots, spinach (or some leafy greens), cucumber, bell pepper, sprouts, tomato, and avocado **use a longer cut for things like carrots and peppers- if they are chopped too small they’ll fall out**
-Cut in half
That’s it- Enjoy!