Many of you can figure out on your own how to turn our ingredients of the week into a great salsa/pico de gallo. So, go for it- below is just a guide! By the way, the difference between the two is generally that salsa is more liquid-y while pico de gallo is chunky and less "wet" and typically includes ingredients like corn- and in this case zuchinni! You can use the same ingredients to make salsa by not de-seeding the tomatoes. There is some tasting that should take place during the making of this creation to get it to your liking! If you're not sure if you will like one of the ingredients in the mix, just add a smaller portion.
What you'll use from your bag:
- Tomatoes (de-seeded, ~1 cup chopped)
- Leeks (~ 1/4 cup, chopped)
- Peppers (1)
- Corn (1 or 2 ears from the stalk)
- Zuchinni (~1/4 cup, chopped)
What else you'll need:
- Cilantro (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Serve with chips or over a salad with your CSA lettuce!
- De-seed a bunch of tomatoes (depending on how much you want to make) and chop them into small pieces- set them aside in a medium size mixing bowl
- De-stalk the corn (no need to cook it) 1 or 2 ears and add it into your bowl
- Chop the leeks as fine as possible then add to the bowl
- De-seed and finely chop 1 poblano pepper and add to the bowl
- Chop the zuchinni in small squares and add to the bowl
- Squeeze 1/2 lime over the mixture
- Add finely chopped cilantro (if using)
- Gently combine the ingredients by hand or spoon
- Season w/salt and pepper to taste
Enjoy with friends!