This recipe is for 2 pumpkin bowls, if we can more pumpkins you can increase the recipe by the correct proportions.
With the other great veggies we are getting, I'm planning a roasted beet and kale salad.
What you'll use from your bag:
Hooligan Pumpkins (2)
Garlic (1-2 cloves)
Onion (1/4 of a small onion, chopped)
What else you'll need:
Butternut Squash (about 1lb)
Veg Broth or Water (2.5 cups)
Thyme (fresh, 1 sprig)
Almond Milk (2 Tbs, optional)
Croutons or Pumpkin Seeds (optional, garnish)
- Cut the top of the pumpkins and remove the insides
- Sprinkle insides with a little sugar & salt
- Put pumpkins and their tops on a baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees
- Peel and Cut the Squash in about 1 inch pieces/cubes
Next, Make the Soup:
- In a saucepan, melt 2-3 Tbs. of butter. Add the onion and garlic and thyme of the sprig and saute for 3 minutes or so (until onion is tender)
- Put your cut up squash in the saucepan, stir to combine and cook for about 5 minutes- sprinkle with salt
- Add 2.5 cups of Water or Veg Broth.
- Reduce heat & simmer for about 15 minutes until squash is tender
Then, Puree & Serve:
- With an immersion blender (if you have one) puree the soup to smooth. If you don't have one you can transfer the mixture to a blender or mash with a hand masher for a chunkier consistency.
- Stir in the Almond Milk if using
- Gently scoop the soup mixture into the pumpkins
- Garnish with croutons or pumpkin seeds & serve