This is a recipe I came up with because I had some raw nut cheese left over from the Half Raw Pizza. It’s really easy to make and served as a light and fabulously good lunch!
What you’ll need:
• Raw Neat (recipe below) **enough for 4 dinner plate size pitas**
• Raw Nut Cheese (click to view recipe)
• Raw veggies/herbs like: tomato, peppers, basil
Raw Neat Ingredients:
• ½ cup of raw walnuts
• ½ cup loosely measured cilantro leaves
• 1 medium tomato (cut into fours)
• 1 stalk of corn destalked
• 1/8 cup raisins
• 1⁄4 of an onion (optional)
• garlic clove (optional)
• sea salt to taste
Add all ingredients to food processor and chop until well blended. Set aside
Put it together:
I buy freshly made pitas here in Grenada and I use them for this recipe. You can make your own, buy them, or do a dehydrated version for a full raw meal.
If you’re using a cooked pita:
Drizzle olive oil on apan and heat on medium for a minute. Place a pita in the pan and heat for a
minute on each side, with the lid closed, or until crunchy but not totally hard. Do this for as many pitas as you are making and set aside.
Spread raw nut cheese on each pita. Over the nut cheese lightly spread the Raw Neat (nut meat.) Then add your toppings. Here I used all locally grown stuff: tomato, green pepper, and basil.