This week, we are getting a variety of veggies. With the intention of doing something different I decided to take a risk with this curried recipe. It's not a wet Thai curry, although I pondered that, you could totally use these same veggies I selected from the bag and go there. The picture is not of the actual recipe but gives somewhat of an idea.
This quantity should be enough for 4 as a hearty side dish or in 2-3 as a main vegan meal.
What you'll use from your Bag:
- Sugar Snap Peas
- New Red Potatoes
- Garlic Scapes
- Spring Onions (optional- our farmer Jon says he doesn't know if we will get these this week)
What else you'll need:
- Vegan Butter (or butter)
- Sweet curry powder
- Hot curry powder
- Boil about 10-12 red potatoes with the skin on until tender but still maintain some firmness
- Chop 6 sprigs each of garlic scapes & spring onion (if we get them)
- Quarter cut a big handful of sugar snap peas (or leave them uncut- it's your preference)
- Chop a big handful (or more) of kale (in no particular way)
- Drain the potatoes and cut in half (or quarter if you want a smaller size)- set aside in a serving bowl
- In a saute pan heat 4- 5 tbls. of butter until just melted
- Add the garlic and onion and saute for a couple minutes
- Stir in 1 tsp. of each sweet & hot curry powders (you can use just one type if you want)
- Add the sugar snap peas & cook until bright green- a couple minutes
- Stir in the kale, cook until wilted
- Gently stir the vegetable curry mixture in with the potatoes in the serving bowl until well incorporated
- Garnish with shaved coconut (if you happen to have a coconut lying around-totally optional)
Namaste. Until next week...